Friday, January 2, 2009

GAH! (from sammy)

It is really interesting to hear what people have to say to their friends, kids and even me when they see Mikah.  Some comments really make me happy and others are just...interesting!

Lets take today, for example:

1) 2 kids walked up to us and admired Mikah.  30 seconds later, their friends/siblings/parents approached us, making 10 people oohing all over one poor little puppy, who they called "clearance puppy" (see #2)
2) Nearly everyone who approached us asked if I had seen Marley and Me. 
3) One young child pointed Mikah out to his mother. She told him that he was working :)
4) While I was relieving Mikah outside of the restaurant we were eating lunch at, a woman walked up to us.  She asked if he was 16 weeks already.  I told her that no, he was not, but he is a guide dog puppy and is encouraged to be socialized before 4 months of age.  The woman then told me that HER veterinarian said that puppies should NEVER be out before 16 weeks because they could get parvo.  I then had to explain that I carry Mikah in public, so his paws never touch the ground except to relieve.  She obviously thought that she knew much more about this than I, so I told her that GD knows what they are doing and the puppy is very safe because street dogs do not make their way into restaurants. She finally left us alone when Mikah piddled :)

I realize that this message contains poor grammar, but I haven't had english class for 2 weeks and really don't feel like proof-reading this :)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sammy and Mikah. I just stumbled accross your blog. Just wanted to say hi and wondered if I could link to your blog? I am also a puppy raiser but for GDB. Right now I have MYL Fullerton. Anyway, Mikah is so cute. I have had similar conversations in the past with people. Sometimes it can be just plain annoying! :) And I have also notiged an eccess of people calling Fullerton, Marley lately. People are silly. Anywho, welcome to the blogging world, I look forward to reading about all your adventures together. :)
    megansgdbpups.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course you can! I would love to link to yours, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yess just prepare yourself for more wackos and know-it-alls. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many "marley" questions lately! People have the strangest questions! Love the picture! He is too CUTE!

    ReplyDelete