The real reason for this post is to share with all you puppy raising bloggers and anyone else who is interested that I am taking Mikah to school for the first time tomorrow! Wednesdays are short days, and I am only taking him for half the day, but it's his first time so I'm going easy on him ;). If any people from school happen to read this blog (which I highly doubt...), you will see him in History and Spanish class!
P.S.
I have decided to start asking questions at the end of my post to encourage commenting/conversation among us bloggers. Plus, I really want to know these things! So please answer the questions/comment!
Any advice for a pup going to school for the first time? Do you let kids touch your puppy?
I like the questions - good idea!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with school tomorrow, I'm sure the two of you will do great! You are already following my usual school advice - start slow (eg. with a shorter day) and then work up from there.
I do usually let people pet my pups at school (between classes and if they ask of course) though sometimes for the first little bit it's easier to go with no petting (the environment itself is distracting enough at first). You know your dog the best to decide whether or not to allow petting and when to allow it. :)
Everyone at school will want to pet the little guy. I try to let people, it just depends on the pup and situation. But in general, I do let people. Don't be surprised when people just reach out and pet him though. It happens pretty much everyday to me :) Good luck! Can't wait to hear about it.
ReplyDeleteGood luck on your first day of school with Mikah. I am sure he will do great. I agree that it is best to start slow and work up from there. I usually do allow petting but I let people know that if the pup gets too excited that they need to stop. It is so fun taking a pup to school with you, have fun!
ReplyDeleteI'm really excited! I just have to get through the first half of the day :( They seem to drag on, even though they are the classes I don't have to think in.
ReplyDeleteThanks for all your advice! Keep it coming :)
He'll do great! The first few times I usually do no petting, or only petting after school! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI don't let petting when my girls are in jacket that way they get into the habbit of looking for pets when they do end up working. School is a big exciting place to begin with so just tell the people who are asking that he is working now so we are not petting people seem to under stand that better than a just right out NO
ReplyDelete